As an airline passenger, you are entitled to courteous, respectful and non-stigmatizing treatment by airline and security personnel.
You have the right to complain about treatment that you believe is discriminatory.
If you believe you have been treated in a discriminatory manner, immediately:
1) Ask to speak to a supervisor.
2) Ask if you have been singled out because of your looks, dress, race, ethnicity, faith, or national origin.
3) Ask for the names and ID numbers of all persons involved in the incident.
4) Ask witnesses to give you their names and contact information.
5) Write down a statement of facts immediately after the incident. Be sure to include the flight number, the flight date, and the name of the airline.
6) Contact CAIR to file a report. If you are leaving the country, leave a detailed message, with the information above, at 202-488-8787. Ask to speak to the “Civil Rights Department.” You may also file a report on-line at www.cair-net.org.
You may obtain a FREE CAIR “Know Your Rights Pocket Guide” at: https://www.cair-net.org/comersus/store/comersus_viewItem.asp?idProduct=1020
(Call 202-488-8787 to request bulk orders.)
– END –