Every year, CAIR-Chicago embarks on several fundraising efforts during the most blessed month of Ramadan.. Given that CAIR-Chicago is dependent on the local community for support, Ramadan outreach to the local mosques is our second most important fundraising effort following the annual banquet.
We Need You!
Ramadan fundraising is primarily held during salat ul’ taraweeh, the prayers held at night reciting the Qur’an throughout the holy month. Given the summer timings with Ramadan, most mosques begin salat ul’ taraweeh at 10 PM, and they can last from one to two hours.
What to Expect…and Your Role
In terms of what you’ll do, it’s pretty simple. There is a break during the prayers where Ahmed Rehab, CAIR-Chicago’s Executive Director—or another staff or board member—addresses the congregation. They speak, and share what CAIR-Chicago has done for the community and why we need their support.
Once that happens…
- As community members raise their hands to donate, volunteers will hand the person a pen with a pledge form, and wait until they complete it to collect it. After all pledge cards are collected, deliver them to the CAIR Staff or Board member leading the fundraising effort.
- Finally, at the end of the prayer, each team member will assist in distributing pledge forms and collecting cash and completed forms as community members exit the mosque.
Both male and female volunteers are needed. Everyone should dress modestly, with women being sure to cover their hair, arms and wear pants or long dresses that extend to their ankles.
WE NEED YOU NOW!
The following are the dates with the mosques and their locations where CAIR-Chicago will need volunteers:
1. Friday, July 11: Islamic Community Center of Des Plaines (ICCD)
2. Friday, July 11: Islamic Center of Naperville (ICN-Ogden Ave.)
3. Friday, July 18: Muslim Education & Community Center of America (MECCA), Willowbrook
Please contact Gerald Hankerson at email@example.com by this Friday, July 11 at 3 PM what dates and locations you’ll be able to volunteer.
This is an urgent plea for you to help out in the most earnest way. I truly appreciate your consideration in advance!