If you care about your rights, then please read on:
From workplace discrimination to immigration and asylum, for eleven years CAIR-Chicago has worked tirelessly to defend the rights of hundreds of American Muslims and ensure that media bias is kept in check.
Help us reach our fundraising goal with an end of the year tax-deductible, zakat eligible donation
Our duty to support those most in need of justice and refuge is shared: While we are proud to offer the many hours of work and expertise needed to help, all services are offered pro-bono and we need your help to cover the costs for this crucial undertaking.
Here are just 5 of many reasons why you should act today:
- Racial profiling continues to be rampant at our borders and airports; our attorneys are actively seeking to end this unjust practice through policy changes and litigating individual cases where possible.
- As both radical extremism and unwarranted FBI surveillance have targeted our community, our team has responded in real time with direct engagement of our affected mosques, schools and centers, in order to:
- educate ourselves on how to counter online radicalization attempts to deceive our youth; and
- offer Know Your Rights (KYR) presentations that help create an “informed citizenry” that can safeguard its constitutional rights against government overreach.
- Our Asylum project continues to grow. We had another asylum case victory just last week – this time, for a Syrian pediatric dentist. We have more wins planned Inshallah, but cannot do it without your continued support.
- Citizenship delay persists as a prominent issue in the American Muslim community, and CAIR-Chicago continuously strives to litigate as many of these cases as possible. We won yet another case just last week. To date, CAIR-Chicago has resolved more than 120 citizenship delay cases!
- CAIR-Chicago is the only Muslim organization with in-house highly-qualified attorneys offering consistent pro-bono legal services and KYR public education trainings for our community.
There is a lot of talk out there. We are one organization that puts its head down and works. Consistently. Productively. Effectively. Per its mission mandated to it by its community.
We need $50,000 before the year’s end. Help us continue.
With gratitude and appreciation,
December 31st is the deadline for receiving a 2014 tax deduction for charitable giving. CAIR-Chicago is a 100% tax-deductible (Tax ID Number 36-4469855) and zakat-eligible nonprofit organization.