Today at 3PM, SB 3109 will be heard by the Senate Licensed Activities and Pensions Committee at the Capitol in Springfield. HB5482/SB 3109 is the professional licenses – citizenship and immigration status bill which, if passed, will ensure:
- No one will be denied a teacher, lawyer, doctor, nurse, or social worker license (or various other professional licenses) solely because of his or her citizenship or immigration status.
- Allows license applicants to provide an IRS-issued tax number in place of a social security number on the application.
CAIR-Chicago Litigation Attorney Maaria Mozaffar is travelling to Springfield to advocate for the bill, but we are asking our community members to fill out a witness slip in favor of the bill before 3PM.
- IDENTIFICATION – Fill in your name and contact information
- REPRESENTATION – Fill in ‘Self’ or the name of the organization that you represent.
- POSITION – Check the box next to PROPONENT
- TESTIMONY – Check the box next to RECORD OF APPEARANCE ONLY
- Check the box agreeing to the ILGA terms of agreement and click the ‘create slip’ box