CAIR-Chicago Representatives will appear as guests on the following shows on the occassion of the fifth anniversary of 9/11:
WGN 9 News Special
Friday, September 8 at 10:00 P.M. (after the game)
- CAIR-Chicago Executive Director, Ahmed Rehab; Communications Coordinator, Sultan Muhammad, and Volunteer Activist, Shefah Samaan.
ABC 7 Special – 911: How We’ve Changed
Sunday, September 10 at 10:35 P.M.
- A commercial free half-hour special hosted by Ron Magers, Kathy Brock and Cheryl Burton. Panelists scheduled to appear include: Cortez Trotter, city of Chicago chief emergency officer; Colonel Jill Morgenthaler, governor’s deputy chief of staff for Public Safety and Homeland Security; Ahmed Rehab, executive director, Council on American-Islamic Relations, Chicago; Colleen Connell, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union; John Allen Williams, Ph.D., Loyola University professor and national security policy and strategy expert; Matthew Lippman, Ph.D., criminal justice professor and expert on homeland security at the University of Illinois at Chicago. CAIR-Chicago staff attorney Heena Musabji to participate in pre-recorded segment.
ABC 7 Report: http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=ontv&id=4529619
WGN 9 Morning News
Monday, September 11 at 8:35 A.M.
- CAIR-Chicago Executive Director, Ahmed Rehab talks to Larry Potash & Robin Baumgarten live on the air at approx. 8:35am. Rehab is to discuss such issues as Islamic religion and culture, repercussions suffered by the Muslim community as a result of terrorism, civil liberties issues
Other CAIR-Chicago 9/11 Coverage:
September 10, 11, 12
- – Ahmed Rehab speaks to Chicago Public Radio’s Jerome McDonnell on the problems with the term “IslamoFascism”: Listen Here
– Stay tuned for local media coverage of Chicago Muslim events commemorating 9/11 this Sunday and Monday. – Also stay tuned for CAIR-Chicago international BBC coverage on the state of Muslim affairs in Chicago 5 years after 9/11.
– END –